Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Transform Your Mind: Transform Your Life #5

The second trigger that starts your mind down a path is What you Listen To.

As I travel every other week around the country I am always amazed at how many people travel with something stuck in their ears.

Just like we discussed with reading, most listen to entertainment.  Nothing is wrong with entertainment.  In fact, at the age of 45 I started playing the drums.  I love music.  I have a wide variety of music I listen to.  Music from the 1940s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and present.  I listen to relaxing music and I listen to rock.  I love Jazz and I like Country.

So three things to consider:
1.  Music is a unique medium of taking a message and driving it deep into our spirit.  That is why we like to dance and move our entire body to music.  I evokes a wide range of emotions.
2.  Therefore, be careful of the messages you listen to.  Lyrics about sex and killing are bound to have some negative impact on your spirit.
3.  Consider changing the percentage of entertainment you listen to.  Instead of having 100% entertainment, try to put 20% of educational or motivational talks on your IPOD or smart phone.  Something many Kindle readers do not know is that you can plug in your ear phones and have it read books to you.  I love that feature especially when my eyes are getting tired.

The mind really is a garden.  Sometimes we put crap in it and hope it turns to fertilizer.  We don't realize it is really toxic waste we are really dumping into our own environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment