Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Grandchild is expected to be born on my birthday

SIDE BLOG ENTRY: 

I just found out my first grandchild is expected to be born on my birthday!!  How many grandparents get that kind of news?

Life really is a blessing.  This summer I have been to the funerals of a niece that was 16 and a 34 year old wife of a close friend.  The first left behind grieving parents and siblings.  The later left behind a young child and husband.

Not a single day is owed to us.  Each day is what we make of it.  I know this is not new to any of us.  Yet it seems that the most simple and basic principles in life and success are so quickly pushed aside in the tasks and hurried life style we seem to lead.

Take a moment to appreciate those around you.  Take time to appreciate yourself and the life you have.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment